Turn ordinary bottle caps into fun little Halloween decorations with this bottle cap spider craft idea.
Complete with googly eyes, and furry little legs, this will be able to stick these onto your decorative spider webs, or just sit on the table or windowsill.
Below is a full tutorial to make your own bottle cap spiders at home. Complete with step by step instructions and a vide demonstration.
In This Post:
Prepare Your Bottle Cap Craft Materials
With painting involved, you will need a washable, or disposable mat to place over your table so things don’t get too messy.
Once your painting area is ready to go you can get to work on your bottle caps. You can buy these separately if you want, but it is also a great way to recycle your old bottle caps. So remember to keep these in the weeks leading up to Halloween!
It is a great way to show your kids how to make some fun craft projects from leftover materials that would otherwise end up in the trash.
Check out the video below to see how the spider craft comes together.
While the process is quite simple it will help you to navigate the written instructions below.
Stage 1: Paint the Bottle Caps
- Step 1 - Paint your bottle caps the desired color, applying a thorough coating to the outside of the bottle cap.
- Step 2 - Allow to dry for at least 5-8 minutes. We will be gluing to the surface so need the paint to be completely dry.
Stage 2: Add the Spider's Features
- Step 3 - Cut six 2" pieces of pipe cleaner per spider - eight pieces if you think you can fit them for authenticity 🙂
- Step 4 - Glue the pipe cleaners in place using the glue gun with three legs on both sides.
- Step 5 - Bend the pipe cleaners into a Z-like shape to create the legs and feet.
- Step 5 - Glue the googly eyes on the bottle cap at one end in between the two sets of legs.
- Step 6 - Once the glue dried your spider bottle caps are ready to add to your Halloween decorations. Then repeat to make as many spiders as you need.
Why Make Bottle Cap Spiders?
Not only is the finished product very cute, but you can make a lot of these with limited cost and materials.
Kids will enjoy the painting elements of the project, and the bending & shaping of the pipe cleaners to make legs will be a nice challenge for younger toddlers especially.
But where they will have the most fun is deciding where to place these funny looking critters around the house.
For More Halloween Craft Ideas
Check out the list below for more Halloween craft ideas suitable for toddlers.
We have also got a complete list here.
Making some bottle cap spiders is a fun family activity to build excitement for Halloween as it approaches.
Suitable for kids from toddler age and up, everyone can get involved in this one.