Dressing up your Easter candy with bunny and baby chick craft characters make them a nice decoration around the house, plus an easy gift if you wanted to hand out some Easter treats.
We have included three different templates and projects for candy that is big and small.
Full instructions and a video demonstration have been provided so you can make your Easter candies easily at home.
Prepare Your Candy Craft Materials
Aside from loading up on your favorite types of candy, most of what you will need is provided in our free printable.
Click the links below to download:
If you do not have a printer handy then you can recreate these patterns by drawing directly onto paper. This of course extends the activity with your kids to include some coloring in.
Glue, tape, scissors is all you need from there.
Easter Candy Craft Video Demonstration
Check out the video below for a full walkthrough of the project. This is in a time-lapse format and takes just a few minutes.
Cutting the templates is the bulk of the preparation and it gets pretty easy from there. But we still encourage you to go through the video so you can see how they all come together.
Stage 1 - Easter Bunny Chocolate Bar
- Step 1 - Cut a length of white bond paper, wrap this around the chocolate bars, and glue in place.
- Step 2 - Cut out the bunny body parts and face from the printable template.
- Step 3 - Glue the bunny features in place on the bond paper.
Stage 2 - Easter Bunny and Chick Lollipop Holder
- Step 1 - Cut out the printable template, and be sure to hollow out the belly area of the bunny as marked. This will allow you to see the flavor of the lollipop candy when completed.
- Step 2 - Place the candy end of the lollipop head in the center of the cutout where the feet of the bunny are. Fold the cutout back along the lollipop so it is wrapped on both sides.
- Step 3 - Glue in place.
Stage 3 - Bunny Marshmallow Basket
- Step 1 - Cut the features of the Easter bunny from the marshmallow packaging template, and paste in place using tape.
- Step 2 - Cut the features of the chick from the marshmallow packaging template, and paste in place using tape.
Ready for Decoration!!
Why Make Easter Candy Crafts
If you wanted to go beyond the standard Easter eggs on the day and mix up the type of candy then this will help you do this in minimal time.
All of the characters will catch the eye of children (so will the candy underneath!) so this makes it a fun activity to do leading up to Easter.
For More Easter Craft Ideas
We have plenty of Easter craft activities that young kids will love.
Check out some of our other projects below:
- Cute Easter character toilet roll craft
- Paper plate and cotton ball Easter bunny
- Two paper plates Easter baskets
The print and cut nature of this project makes it a quick & easy one to get ready for.
If you sit down with your kids for half an hour you will have lots of decorative Easter candy ready to wow tha family when they visit.