The Joovy Caboose Sit and Stand Tandem Stroller is an safe and sturdy stroller, without a lot of extra features that you may or may not use. This allows you to seek out any extra you want without having to spend the extra money upfront.
You will find all the basic features that a sit and stand stroller needs, plus some added extras such as a universal car seat adapter.
The Joovy Sit and Stand is easy to maneuver and kids love the smooth ride. The metal frame is durable and fits even taller adults. It weighs around 26 pounds and is about 38 inches in length.
Parents love this sit and stand stroller because of the security, comfort and durability that it offers.
Price and Main Feature list
The Joovy Caboose Sit and Stand Tandem Stroller has the following features.
- It has a four-wheel suspension system that makes it easier to manoeuvre. It gives a much smoother ride which makes it comfortable for the kids and of course, moms can push this stroller without having to wrestler with it during walks.
- The extended visor is a breath of fresh air because it can actually protect both children against the harsh effects of sunlight.
- It is compact in size. It is shorter than most sit and stand stroller. Once folded, it’s size is comparable to a traditional single stroller.
- The metal frame is sturdy to accommodate the weight of two children – at least 45 kilos each.
- Adjustable footrest position. You can adjust it up or down depending on where your child feels more comfortable.
- It has a linked parking brake for safe stops anytime.
- It is made from 100% nylon fabric. Nylon is durable, doesn’t fade and will last for quite a while.
Who is it for?
This is not advisable for an infant/toddler combo where the toddler loves to take naps during walks. Once you placed the front seat in a recline position, the child on the rear part can only stand and you cannot put the infant seat as well.
- Equipped with storage basket that can hold your diaper bag.
- If you wish to have an additional seat with back support on the rear portion of the stroller you can buy the Joovy Caboose Rear Seat. Just like that and you have a double stroller. This makes it a great first buy for new parents who plan on growing the family in future years.
- The handle is high enough to accommodate tall parents. No bending over just to push the stroller, which is a life saver for your back.
- The padded seat includes a seatbelt for safe and secure transport of your baby.
- This is not an off-road stroller and cannot be used in rough terrain. Stick to hard surfaces and you will be fine.
- It has no parent cup holder built in to the stroller’s frame. This is an easy add on though and can be purchased separately for just a few bucks if you want to bring the morning coffee out on your early walk.
Why you should buy it?
The Joovy caboose sit and stand is comparable to some more expensive strollers and even has a few extras such as a good sized sun visor.
It is made from steel and is quite durable. The stitches on the fabric are of high quality as well. It also comes with a universal adapter that can accommodate all types of car seats.
It is easy to assemble, comfortable and easy to push and manoeuvre.
The key elements of this stroller are: durability, function, comfort, and versatility. It is well-made and there are accessories available to suit you and your baby’s needs. For example, if you need an extra compartment, you can just buy a parent organizer from the same company. I like that it gives options to us parents.
The “accessories” which are usually included in most sit and stand strollers are removed because the stroller might become too heavy. It has a metal frame after all. Needless to say, they did prioritize durability and the basic features needed in a sit and stand stroller.
Aside from that, this stroller is comfortable for the kids and the adult as well. The seats are properly padded and cushioned. It is safe and secure. It is easy to steer and maneuver. And lastly, storing is easy.
Check out our full Stroller Guide here