We have assembled the best riddles for kids in a simple format, so you can pick and choose your favorite brain teasers.
Our list will start off with some fun, silly, and easier to understand riddles.
We will then progress to some easy brain teasers for kids that will be slightly more challenging, and then some tougher riddles that would be best targeted at older children.
Each riddle will have the answer immediately below. These riddles are a great way to break the ice, or get a laugh, when entertaining a group of kids.
Make sure you bookmark this page so that you can come back and get a new riddle each day!
In This Post:
Simple Riddles for Kids
- Where does the cook keep his pants?
In the pantry
- Why are adults so boring?
Because they are all groan ups
- What disappears when you stand up?
- What do you call a farmer who grows pickles?
The farmer in the dill
- What can you always count on?
- What did the dirt say to the rain?
If this keeps up, my name will be mud
- What is the best way to make fire from two sticks?
Make sure one is a match
- Why do skeletons hate winter?
Because the cold goes right through them
- How do you make a tissue dance?
Put a little boogey in it
- What runs around a farm and never gets puffed?
- What’s pink and fluffy?
- What’s brown and sticky?
- What do you call an elf who won’t share?
- Where do butchers dance?
At a meat ball
- Stroke my head and I change from red to black. What am I?
- What can you see better as it gets darker?
- Why did the jellybeans go to school?
They wanted to be smarties
- What do you sing on a snowman’s birthday?
Freeze a jolly good fellow
- What travels faster. Heat or cold?
Heat. You can catch a cold.
- What color is a hiccup?
- What did the priest say when there were flies in the church?
Let us spray
- What bone likes to rock and roll?
A hip bone
- What did one lift say to the other lift?
I think i’m coming down with something
- What has four wheels and flies?
A garbage truck
- What word is always spelt wrong?
- Which month has 28 days?
They all do
- I have a green nose, three red eyes and four purple ears. What am I?
- What is full of holes and still holds water?
- What type of nut has no shell?
- What has two hands but can’t clap?
- What can you never eat for breakfast?
Lunch and Dinner
- What can you maintain without saying anything?
- What type of room has no doors?
- What must you break before you can use it?
- What do you throw away when you want to use it?
Animal Riddles for Kids
- How do you catch a squirrel?
Act like a nut
- Why did the flea work overtime?
It was saving to buy a dog
- What is smaller than an ant’s pants?
A mozzie’s cozzie
- What’s smaller than a Mozzie’s cozzie?
A bee’s knee
- What always succeeds
A budgie without teeth
- How many hairs on a cat’s tail?
None. They are all on the outside
- What has a horn but does not honk?
- What is better, a cow or a bull?
A cow gives you free milk, a bull always charges
- When is it ok to drink from a saucer?
When you’re a cat
- How do dinosaurs pass their exams?
- What bird is like a car?
A goose, because it honks
- What kind of music do rabbits like?
- Why do turkeys get full on Thanksgiving?
Because they are stuffed
- Where to Rabbits go out for Dinner?
- What is the smartest insect?
A spelling bee
- What’s green, has four legs, and can’t fly?
A pool table
- Why are barbers always quick to get to work?
Because they all know how to take shortcuts
- Why do heroes wear big shoes?
Because of all their amazing feats
- What room in the house does a ghost avoid?
The living room
- What is light as air, and cant be held for long?
- What runs but never walks?
- What do you serve, but never eat?
- What has four legs, one head, and only one foot
- What starts with T, ends in T, and is full of T
- What type of coat is always wet when you put it on?
A coat of paint
- What can run but can’t walk?
- What do people make that you can’t see?
- What is always on its way but never arrives?
- What can you keep after giving to someone else?
- What can you put in your pocket that keeps it empty?
- What runs and whistles but can’t walk or talk?
- What word is shorter when you add two letters to it?
- What can go up and down without moving?
- What can you never hold in your right hand?
Your right hand
- What travels the world but stays in the corner?
- What goes up and down hills but always stays in the same place?
- What has teeth but can’t bite?
- What has waves but isn’t the ocean?
- What falls but never breaks?
- What breaks but never falls?
- What falls but never gets hurt?
- What has a tongue but cannot talk
- What has a foot but no leg?
- What never asks a question, but needs an answer?
- What is full of keys but cannot open any doors?
Harder Riddles for Kids
- I have 6 faces and 21 eyes. What am I?
- Why did the present surrender?
Because the wrapping paper had it surrounded
- What has two words, starts with P, ends with E and has thousands of letters?
- What do you get when two purple cars crash?
A violet crumble
- If a dollar coin and a 50 cent coin jumped off a table, who would jump first?
The 50 cent piece, because it had less sense