Looking to escalate the Christmas themes around your kitchen this year? These Snowman jar craft decorations will turn your pantry into a winter wonderland.
What better place to store your Xmas cookies than in a snowman that sits happily on your dining table or kitchen bench?
We provide full instructions so you can create your own snowman jars at home. Plus a video demonstration to walk you through the project.
Prepare Your Jars and Materials
If you already have a cupboard full of jars then this project will be low cost.
The only other materials you will need are colored paper for your snowman features and some band or parchment paper to line the inside of the jars to give it that white background.
You could of course just use some white jars for the same effect.
Snowman Jar Video Demonstration
Check out the video below for a full walkthrough of the project.
Stage 1 - Prepare the Snowman Jar
- Step 1- Cut a length of bond or parchment paper the size of the jar.
- Step 2 - Place it inside so it acts as a white lining to the jar.
- Step 3 - Glue the googly eyes to the outside of the jar so you have your snowman facial area set. This will help you cut the remaining pieces to the correct size.
- Step 4 - Cut a carrot-shaped nose from orange-colored orange paper.
- Step 5 - Next we will need some small button shapes. You can draw this on some colored paper and cut.
- Step 6 - Cut a half-inch strip of paper for the scarf of the snowman and draw a pattern on it to add some character.
Stage 2 - Assemble the Snowman Jar
- Step 7 - Glue the remaining snowman features in place on the outside of the jar.
- Step 8 - Your snowman jars are ready for display! A great place to store Christmas cookies on the kitchen bench in the lead-up to the holidays.
Why Make Paper Plate Snowmen
Using your kitchen jars you can put these together quickly to ramp up the Xmas themes around the kitchen.
Because they only take a few minutes to make you could apply the concept to almost anything in your pantry.
If your kids are seeing snowman and Xmas themed jars every time they are looking for a snack you can be sure the excitement of the holidays will be constant.
For More Snowman Craft Ideas
We have more snowman activities suitable for toddlers and preschoolers. Check out some of our other projects below:
And once the holiday season is over you can just return your jars to normal. Ready for use again next year!