Looking to add some extra snowman themed decorations to your Christmas tree this year?
These easy to make snowman ornaments are made from cheap tea lights and are a fun project to do with your kids ahead of the xmas holidays.
We provide full instructions so you can create your own tea light snowman crafts at home. Plus a video demonstration to walk you through the project.
In This Post:
Prepare Your Tea Lights and Craft Materials
You can pick up some tea lights for just a few bucks at the dollar store if you don’t have any laying around the house.
We have used colored paper, pipe cleaners, and various ribbons to decorate our snowman features. But feel free to improvise with what you have.
You can supplement these for a number of standard craft staples.
Tea Light Snowman Ornament Video Demonstration
Check out the video below for a full walkthrough of the project.
Stage 1 - Assemble the Snowman Faces
- Step 1- Paste the googly eyes in the tea light surface to start the face.
- Step 2 - Using marker, draw a dotted smile below the eyes.
- Step 3 - Using the glue gun, secure a length of ribbon around the edge of the tea light. As you wrap this around, glue the ends down where it crosses over the start of the ribbon to create a scarf shape.
Stage 2 - Cut and Assemble the Snowman Features
- Step 4 - Cut the pipe cleaner to create round, plush ear muffs, and glue it on the tea light above the eyes.
- Step 5 - Cut a black paper hat to the size of the tea light. Add a red paper accent at the base of the hat to make it stand out and glue in place.
- Step 6 - To alternate your hat decorations repeat step 5, but with a santa hat on every other snowman.
- Step 7 - Cut a length of red ribbon that can be used as a loop to hang up the snowmen decorations. Glue to the back of the tea light so it is ready to be hung.
- Step 8 - Your snowman tea light decorations are ready to be added to your Christmas tree!
Why Make Tea Light Snowmen
These homemade xmas tree ornaments are cheap and easy to make and can add some nice colors to your decorations.
By varying the hats, and colored paper features added to your tea lights then you will end up with a good variety.
Your kids can personalize their snowman so it is unique, and everyone in the family can have their own tea light hanging up.
For More Snowman Craft Ideas
We have more snowman activities suitable for toddlers and preschoolers. Check out some of our other projects below:
For the full list of snowman crafts click here.
Also check out our list of Xmas crafts for kids here.
Once these are made you can recycle them year after year. Just pack them away with your Christmas lights and these tea light snowmen will be fine for future use.
Just keep some replacement batteries handy!