It is quick and simple to make these lollipop ghosts and they make a fun but spooky addition to your Halloween treats.
You can put together a lot of these in quick time. Especially if you have your kids helping out with the drawing of the ghost faces.
Follow our tutorial below with complete written instructions, and a video demo to walk you through it. Everything you need to make this edible Halloween craft at home.
In This Post:
Prepare Your Lollipop Ghost Materials
Aside from a big bag of lollipops, you don’t need much else for this project. A pile of craft filters as big as your bag of lollipops, and some ribbon to tie it all together will just about do it.
You can get a bit of a production line going if you have a clear bench or table you can set up at.
Each of the three stages to put these together are simple enough for young kids to help with and you can crank these out in record time if you wanted to.
Lollipop Ghost Craft Video Demonstration
Check out the video below for a quick overview of the project from start to finish.
In less than two minutes you can see how this craft idea comes together.
How to Make a Lollipop Ghost Craft
This is a super quick Halloween craft project that can be done in just a couple of minutes. If you wanted to add this to your collection of treats then you could fill an entire bowl within 15 minutes.
Your kids will enjoy drawing the spooky faces to create a ghost-like appearance, and the ribbon adds a nice final touch to this simple Halloween craft.
Stage 1: Wrap the Coffee Filters Over the Lollipop
- Step 1 - We will start by wrapping up the candy on the lollipop with three coffee filters. This will ensure that the layer is thick enough to draw on easily, and to create a layered frilly effect at the base of the filters.
- Step 2 - Secure in place with a small rubber band on the stick underneath the candy on the lollipop stick.
Stage 2: Add Features to Your Ghost
- Step 3 - Grab a marker and draw your spooky ghost face on one side of the lollipop.
Stage 3: Decorate Your Butterfly Wings
- Step 4 - Cut 4" of black ribbon and tie over the top of the rubber band that is holding the coffee filters in place. This gives your ghost pop a more elaborate look and makes the frilly bottom stand out more.
- Step 5 - Your lollipop ghosts are now ready to add to your Halloween candy treats.
Why Make Lollipop Ghosts
They don’t take much time to make and can put a unique spin on your Halloween candy.
Edible crafts are always a hit with kids and it will be a fun family activity to get into the Halloween spirit early in the day before the trick or treating begins.
You can make a lot of these for not much money. So you get a lot of bang for your buck with this project.
For More Halloween Craft Ideas
We have put together a full list of Halloween crafts suitable for toddlers and up.
All projects include detailed instructions and video demos so that you can re-create some of these fun projects are home. These include:
What better way to get your kids excited in the lead up to Halloween then you make these crafty decorations that you can also eat?
Kids will light up when trick or treating when they get a handful of these in their bag of candy.