Welcome to the breastfeeding information hub where you can find out everything you need to learn how to breastfeed your newborn baby.
Here you will find everything you need to navigate the challenges that a breastfeeding mother will encounter.
How To Breastfeed Your Baby
First, we need to get the basics right. A lot of this will be instinctual at first, but spending some time reading about the finer details of latching, positioning, and feeding frequency can be very beneficial long term.
Small things like incorrect posture, or an inconsistent latch will not bother you at first. But they can lead to significant wear and tear of your skin and muscles as those feeding sessions add up.
Check out the below posts for comprehensive guides on these issues that you are likely to encounter as a first-time breastfeeding mom.
If you needed any convincing that all of this is worth it be sure to check out the benefits of breastfeeding post also. Some of the long-term effects of nursing may surprise you.
- Breastfeeding Positions and Attachment Methods
- Breast Pumping Schedules
- Benefits of Breastfeeding
- How to Ensure a Proper Latch
- Leakage While Breastfeeding
There are so many unknowns in your breastfeeding journey, and there are likely to be a few surprises.
Here we try to answer all those lingering questions, and also provide some clarity on any changes your body may experience that could lead you to questioning your health.
There are also some common complications like a blocked milk duct, itchy nipples, and general pain that you may experience while feeding.
- How to Relieve Pain While Breastfeeding
- How to Clear a Clogged Milk Duct
- What is a Galactocele
- Itchy Breasts while Breastfeeding
Breast Milk supply
Supply issues can be one of the most stressful problems when breastfeeding. It is easy to feel that you are letting your child down, which can lead to guilt setting in.
Everyone’s body will respond differently to the demands of breastfeeding. Some may produce too much, or too little milk. Training your body towards whatever your goal is can be done in most cases.
If not, you can supplement with formula. When it is time to wean then off then this can be an important part of the process too.
The below posts will help answer your breast milk supply questions, and provides solutions ranging from the type and quantity of food that you eat, to the frequency and intensity of your breast pumping sessions.
- How to Naturally Increase Your Milk Supply
- Power Pumping to Increase Your Milk Supply
- How to Fix Lopsided Breast Milk Production
- Will Eating Oatmeal Increase My Milk Supply
- Fenugreek for Increasing Milk Supply
- Galactagogues: 10 Herbs to Increase Milk Supply
- How to Decrease Your Breastmilk Supply
- How To Stop Pumping Breastmilk
- Best Baby Formula for Spit Up and Gas
- Supplementing with Formula
- Weaning off Formula
- Induced Lactation: Can You lactate Without Pregnancy
Breastfeeding is a continual process that you will need to manage whether your baby is with you or not.
Here we seek to equip you with what you need to be able to feed comfortably no matter where you are.
Pumping breast milk is most often the task of the working Mom. It takes discipline and persistence that pays off in the form of a happy and healthy baby.
The pumping in itself is just the beginning. You need to be able to store and move that breast milk so that it remains fresh, and safe for your baby to drink. Then you have to organize your stock so that expiration dates are recorded, and a first in first out system is followed so that your hard work does not go to waste.
We will guide you through what you need, and how to make a system that works for you in the posts below.
- Best Electric Breast Pump
- Spectra S1 vs S2 Breast Pump
- Spectra S2 vs Medela Pump in Style
- Best Nursing Chair for Breastfeeding
- Best Nursing Pillow for Breastfeeding
- Best Nursing Covers for Breastfeeding
- Best Breast Pump Bags
- Best Manual Breast Pump
- How to Use a Manual Breast Pump
- Best Nursing Bra
- Best Nursing Bra for Plus Size Moms
- Spectra S1 Breast Pump Review
- Spectra S2 Breast Pump Review
- Kiinde Twist Pouch Review
- Best Bottles for Breastfed Babies
- Nipple Shields
Breastfeeding Tips and Advice
Here we will explore general breastfeeding questions and general information.
Things that you may be wondering, or another type of problem you may have encountered that goes beyond your body. Like how to get Dad involved when he may be feeling excluded, or whether you can now indulge in your favorite sushi now that you are not pregnant anymore!
Breastfeeding in public remains a contentious issue so we also do a deep dive into the issue so that you know your rights and are prepared to stick up for yourself if the need arises.
- Extended Breastfeeding
- Prevent Saggy Breasts After Breastfeeding
- Disadvantages of Breastfeeding
- The Great Public Breastfeeding Debate
- Breastfeeding vs Formula Feeding
- Benefits of Pumping Vs Breastfeeding
- Guide to Exclusive Pumping for Working Moms
- How Much Milk Does My Baby Need From Each Feed
- How to Get Dad Involved with Breastfeeding
- How Many Calories Do You Burn Breastfeeding
- Can I Eat Sushi While Breastfeeding
- Uses for Breast Milk Other than Feeding
- Why Does My Baby Bite While I Breastfeeding
- Should I Pump Breastmilk at Night