Convert your discarded toilet roll into these adorable Easter characters to brighten up your house ahead of the visit from the Easter Bunny!
We have made both baby chicks and Easter Bunny decorations in this easy to follow craft project that is suitable for kids from toddler and preschool age.
Full instructions and a video demonstration have been provided so you can make your own toilet roll Easter crafts at home.
In This Post:
Prepare Your Toilet Roll Craft Materials
You can start saving your toilet rolls ahead of time to save money on this craft project. Or if you need a lot of them they are easy to buy online.
There are a couple of specialty items used in this craft project. Most notably the jumbo pom-pom and yellow feathers used for the tails of the bunny and baby chick. Feel free to substitute for something you have laying around the house.
We have used foam paper in the demonstration, but regular construction paper would also be suitable if you have it laying around the house.
Toilet Roll Easter Craft Video Demonstration
Check out the video below for a full walkthrough of the project.
Cutting of the foam paper can get a bit tricky. But aside from that your kids should have no trouble with most of these steps. We encourage you to watch the full video so you can see how the project comes together before diving into the written instructions.
Stage 1 - Paint the Cardboard Toilet Rolls
- Step 1- Paint the toilet rolls your desired color. We have chosen yellow and white.
- Step 2 - Set aside to dry for 5 to 8 minutes.
Stage 2 - Cut the Features of the Bunny and Chick
- Step 3 - Using the white foam paper draw the shape of bunny ears and cut.
- Step 4 - Then using colored paper relevant to your character cut a smaller ear shape that will sit on top of the white, creating that inner ear color effect.
- Step 5 - Using the same color as the inner ear, cut a small triangle for the nose and a rounded rectangle for the feet of the bunny.
- Step 6 - Repeat step 4 for the chick, using the color to match that character.
Stage 3 - Assemble the Chick and Bunny
- Step 6 - We will start with the bunny. Paste the googly eyes, ears, nose, and feet, to the white toilet roll.
- Step 7 - Now we will add the tail. Take your jumbo white pompom and glue in place on the opposite side to the face.
- Step 8 - As a finishing touch, draw the mouth under the nose using a marker.
- Step 9 - Now on to the baby chick. Paste the eyes, nose, and feet of the chick in place on the toilet roll painted yellow.
- Step 10 - For the tail we will use the yellow feathers.
- Step 11 - Your toilet roll based Easter characters are now ready for display!
Why Make Easter Bunny with Toilet Rolls
This Easter bunny craft idea is a great way to your toilet rolls that are headed for the trash into a colorful and cute household decoration.
It will be a fun project for your kids to work on and of course, it will build excitement for Easter time.
For More Easter Craft Ideas
Check out some of our other Easter craft ideas for kids below:
- Cotton ball Easter bunny craft
- Easter egg garland with paper characters
- Mini Easter basket craft from Egg cartons
It is hard to go wrong with these adorable bunny and baby chick characters. They will make a fun little addition to any room of your house.
Toddlers and preschoolers will enjoy seeing these characters come together. Especially when your starting point is an ordinary toilet roll.